Which is the first thing that comes into your mind when you’re looking for something which is not there in set of books piled up next to your study room? The answer in all probability is GOOGLE! Google, for no doubt, has acquired a crucial place in our lives which in all drastic circumstances plays the role of our ultimate savior.
Here we bring you the most exciting and interesting TOP 10 facts about Google which you can’t even think of-
- Google’s first Doodle– Doodles are the surprising and spontaneous changes in the logo of Google to mark celebration of major anniversaries and festivals or to pay homage to legends. Guess, what could have been the first google doodle? It was a symbol of burning man put intentionally by Page & Brin to let people know that they’re attending burning man festival in the year 1998.
- Blast from Past– Google when initially started its operations had to change its phone number. They had millions of users from the very beginning. Google accidentally published its phone number over its website resulting into millions of phone calls from all over the word which were supposed to be handled by staff of just thirty people!
- Search For Snacks– The systematic system of Google is applicable everywhere, even at Googolplex where snacks are arranged in stacks in accordance to their nutritional value i.e. junk foods are placed in lower stacks so that employee is unlikely to pick it up.
- Google Vs Yahoo– Initially Page and Brin were looking to sell the search engine they had created in the Silicon Valley. In 1997, the offer was made to Yahoo, who turned them down. Later, Yahoo tried to buy Google and the same turned them down. Isn’t this interesting?
- Google’s first Tweet– The first tweet made by Google was “I’m 01100110 01100101 01100101 01101100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101100 01110101 01100011 01101011 01111001 00001010” which actually meant “I’m feeling lucky” in binary language.
- The curious case of Sundar Pichai– Sundar Pichai who leads top two businesses of Google- Android and Chrome was interviewed on April fool’s day, the day when concept of Gmail was announced. He says “I remember people asking me about Gmail — ‘What do you think of it?’ I had no idea if was an April fool’s joke, or if it was real,” he told me.
- Bigger the better– Google is tagged as one of the largest and exhaustive search engine in the realm of internet based technology. It accounts for more than sixty trillion webpages which are being indexed in it giving every possible bit of appropriate information to concerned users.
- Employee No. One– The very first employee of the organisation named “Craig Silverstein” is still working in the company designated on the post of Director of technology.
- Google: A bicyclist’s Paradise– The main Googleplex campus in Mountain View, California, is quite large. It’s surrounded by other buildings that also house various parts of the company. The most convenient way being to get around is by pedaling- using one of more than a thousand bikes, painted in the signature colors from Google’s logo.
- Google’s Astro Connection-Google owns a lucrative restaurant in Japan named as “Tetsuwan Atom”, which people know better as Astro Boy- a legendary Japanese cartoon character!
Latest posts by Moksh Garg (see all)
- Why you are better off trusting a robot over a human - April 23, 2016
- Secret Ingredients for Starting a Business with Friends - August 17, 2015
- Most Important Pieces of Job Advice Your College Isn’t Giving You - August 2, 2015