With population expanding in the urban areas and consumption for the affordable cars in manufacturing economies has risen substantially. And also as the higher gas prices will become “new normal” hatches will become more relevant for the middle class or pocket conscious class. So now every maker be it luxury or a consumer auto maker are now offering their hatchback to the customer.
- Hatchback have more practicality on city roads
- There design has improves substantially
- They are fun to drive
- They are easy on pocket
- There resale value far more than sedans can offer
- Luxury hatchbacks is also an option
There have been some markets where hatches are preferred over every other option but some are reluctant to move to hatches from sedan and cross over vehicle. These wagons have not been so popular in South American and African market but parts of Asia and Europe has always loved hatchbacks. For example – In India, Maruti 800 which was discontinued in 2004 has sold more than 2.5 million cars since its inception in 1983.
Hatchback market will remain competitive as the gas prices are rising and there are many pocket conscious class who felt with every nickel rises in gas prices. Though there is a long range options available in hatches which are available for every class of customer still consumer hatches are the focus of the markets as they appeal to large chunk of users.
Latest posts by Abhishek Khanna (see all)
- Perfect Excuses for Staying Home for Work - September 7, 2015
- Android Spying Software: A Digital Pill That Can Cure the Social Media Addiction - August 21, 2015
- Stuff You Should Know while Throwing your Tech Accessory - February 15, 2015