In the past few years, we have seen lot of acquisitions made by Google, Yahoo, Facebook which has made online advertisement landscape more interesting. With consumers using social media beyond product & market research, sales are being now driven via social media led offers. Social Media has become indispensable need for business. This has opened a huge revenue stream for the companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter & other advertising companies. Lets have a look at Ad revenue and its potential for some of the following social networks.
Facebook Ad Revenue & Potential
- Money raised from IPO is being channeled towards introducing new social ad revenue with focus on developer labs.
- Mobile centric innovations are adding more to their revenue pie. Now, Mobile ads make up 53% of total Facebook’s ad revenue.
- Major acquisition of Instagram also showcases a good revenue potential in the future.
Twitter Ad Revenue & Potential
- Twitter Ad revenue expected to reach 1 Billion US Dollars by the end of 2014. Twitter advertising has increase by 124% Year over year.
- 91% of the revenue comes from ads itself, registering an increase of 4%.
- After strategic acquisitions of companies like Bluefin Labs and Trendrr, twitter is hopeful to maintain healthy profit in 2014.
LinkedIn Ad Revenue & Potential
- LinkedIn has estimated first decline ever in ad revenue estimates.
- LinkedIn ad revenue is expected to be around $415 Million to $420 Million, lower than expected $421 Million in the last quarter of 2013.
- Total Ad revenue is made by LinkedIn is estimated to be $1.5 Billion.